Sunday 12 April 2015

Market time

The Goods Shed opened in 2002 as a daily farmers market with onsite restaurant using the local market produce. Its evolution to include a ‘food hall’ reaching further afield to stock a fuller, more complete shop – has in turn lead to a greater turnover of fresh local produce and more British Cottage industries being bought to the consumer.  Its continuing success, (your support) along with many other home grown produce outlets has, we believe, directly contributed to the supermarkets responding by stocking more local British produce.

If you are ever on Canterbury, you should go to The Goods Shed which is a market and restaurant located right next to the Canterbury West Railway Station.
It is a very pretty and nice place and everything looks great!
Actually I'm going to specially recommend one little place in there.
Murray's General Stores
If you want to know the story about it go here:
The Good Life Of Lee - Elina Photography
Luna De Octubre (Spanish One)

Lee Murray is someone I know maybe... since I was born? I don't even know. He's a very nice person and his mum makes contribution by making some things like pickled onions. I haven't been there for a while and sadly my memory is pretty bad so I don't remember much and I can't talk much more about this. I'm sorry!
But that is something you should experience by yourself. Go there, see it with your eyes and taste the delicious things they have in there or buy fresh and good vegetables, meat, fish or take your time to drink a glass of wine or beer!

If I go there again, I'll surely take some pictures if you want.
Worth the visit in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment